Less than 3 minutes away from Le Manoir by car, you can enjoy sun bathing and seaside activities on the beautifully kept sandy beaches at Kerfany as well as those at Trenez and La Plage Grise.
There are also lots of unspoilt little creeks and bays.
From Kerfany-les-Pins to Le Pouldu, there are several rias sheltering charming little fishing and sailing ports : Doëlan, Brigneau and Merrien. In Belon port, you can buy fresh fish and shellfish direct from fishermen.
Come and enjoy great fishing, sailing and other nautical activities.
Many other activities :
- walking and trekking, mountain-biking and horse-riding : on 120 km of footpaths, coastal paths and lanes that will lead you to some exceptionally beautiful sites. For Nature-lovers, outings are organised to discover a very rich flora and fauna, trips to the Aquarium and to parks and gardens.
- There are many other activities to enjoy : swimming, diving, all sorts of fishing, sailing and sea kayaking as well as tennis, golf and horse-riding.
- local delicacies : for those who like good food, there are of course the quintessential crêpes and spectacular seafood platters. You may also want to sample some of our many breton specialities : kig ha farz, cotriade, Baye andouille, kouign amann, cider, chouchen, breton real ale, butter cookies…
- local markets : weekly markets in Moëlan, Pont Aven, Riec sur Belon and Quimperle offer a wide variety of local food.
- art : ever since Gauguin made a visit here, Pont Aven has been a sine qua non destination for art lovers. The museum is well worth a visit, as is the town itself, with its multitude of art galleries and exhibitions.
- architecture : Concarneau and its walled town with ramparts intact, the old part of Quimper, lovely thatched cottages, houses made of standing stones, chapels and fountains…
- cruises : guided trips down various rivers and outings to our lovely islands on old-style rigging boats.
- You may also want to discover some of our local heritage by visiting craftsmen and cottage industries like biscuit-making, brewing, earthenware manufacture, clog-making…
- music : the famous Interceltic Festival in Lorient, Fêtes de Cornouaille, Fêtes des Filets Bleus… Many concerts of all styles are also performed in little chapels. Get a feel of the Celtic Revival at a Fest-Noz, where you will experience both traditional and innovative breton music, singing and dancing.
Easy access to many tourist attractions
Landscapes to discover within a radius of 5 to 20 km from the manor
The Manor is ideally located if you want to visit :
- the Glenan islands, Groix and Belle Ile,
- the Pointe du Raz
- the Are Mountains,
- the Morbihan Gulf,
- the megaliths at Carnac,
- the Quiberon peninsula.